Yahoo! Buzz pulls actively viewed and shared pages from its portal and puts them in a Digg-like interface with vote-to-promote buttons so users may actively push stories up and down the Buzz list. The digg/bury interface is simple. Stories are categorized by several main topic areas, and users may view the stories with the highest vote count, over several time slices, or sorted by recency.
1. When the user visits the site the first time, a guided tour jumps the user around the page to introduce them to the site's features. First they point out the buzz button.
2. The guide points out the first user who buzzed an entry to provide incentive to participate.
3. The guide points out the submission form.
4. On hover, the entry shows number of votes and the buzz down button.
5. Button changes to indicate that vote was submitted.